A variety of conflicts and ethical issues arise in the healthcare ambit, as well as ethical problems that hinder decision-making and which lead to conflict between users, family members and professionals. In this context, DomusVi created the Health Care Ethics Committee in 2005 to serve as a space for reflection and consultation among professionals on ethical matters in the healthcare area.
The DomusVi Health Care Ethics Committee became the first officially certified healthcare centre in Spain in 2008 and is now an established ethical benchmark in the organisation. It has issued 45 opinions and 12 documents.
The Committee, which comprises 13 members from different disciplines of DomusVi, is chaired by Professor Francesc Torralba, manager of the Ethos Chair of Applied Ethics at the Universitat Ramon Llull.
Protect the rights of the people for whom it cares.
Facilitate the decision-making process in cases of ethical conflict.
Provide training for employees in ethical matters (regulations, bioethics, and best practices).
- Francesc Torralba: President of CEA DomusVi
- Fini Pérez, Doctor, Technical-Assistance Director
- Nieves Campos, Western-South Technical-Assistance Coordinator
- Silvia Carnicero, Coordinator SAD Zaragoza
- Marta Ulloa, Manager of DomusVi Lugo
- Montse Etayo, Doctor of DomusVi Condomina
- Marta Alonso, Supervisor TAD Madrid
- Jordi Ballesté, Manager of DomusVi Jaume Nadal Meroles & DomusVi Terraferma
- Teresa Cendón, external member
- Xosé Luís Barreiro, external member
- Paulo Naseiro, Manager of DomusVi Laraxe
- Francisca Carrasco, Manager of Mentalia Puerto
- Laura Valero, Secretariy of CEA DOmusVi
- Fátima Moreno, Psychologist of Day Center DomusVi La Magdalena
- Manuel Fernández, Deputy Director of DomusVi Legal Department